It is recommended that you check the following sites for recent country specific situations that affect travelers around the world such as the latest virus, social unrest or political uprisings:
US Department of State Research:
General information about a Safe Trip
Current Travel Warnings
and the World Factbook from the CIA
- US Department of State travel advisories
- British Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel page
- Consular Affairs for Canadians Abroad
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs travel advice
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Information about the weather to decide your dresses.
- Visa issue information.
- Insurance information
- Valid passport or identity card
- Tickets and reservations
- Insurance documents
- Money, traveler's cheques and credit cards
- Personal medicine or medical prescriptions (If you need special medical threatment bring it with you. Name of drugs varies from country to country.)
- E111 form (for citizens from EU countries)
- Country address given to parents etc.
- Do not forget any special adaptor for your personal computer, electric shaver, cellular-phone etc.
Excellent advice for people intersted in traveling soon.
Check current travel warnings and tips before going to a foreign country