Help Stop Global Warming and Climate Change
Helping conserve, preserve and care for the earth is everyone's best interest. Earth Day should be everyday since we live here everyday.
Global Warming Tips
- -Change at least one of your incandescent light bulbs to a compact fluorescent version
- -Change to a a smaller car with at least 32 mpg
- -Change to a hybrid car
- -Use more public transportation
- -Replace your appliances with high efficiency models
- -Buy locally grown food
- -Unplug your appliances from the grid (to cut the use of 'standby' power consumption)
- -Cut back on summer cooling or winter heating set points by 2-3 degrees
Here's some simple and effective solutions.
1.) Next time you replace your most frequently used automobile, purchase a fuel-efficient car, rated up to 32 mpg or more preferably a hybrid. Pollution reduction = 5,600 lbs/year
2.) Insulate your home, tune up your furnace, and install low-flow shower heads.
Pollution reduction = 2,480 lbs/year
3.) Replace two of the five most frequently used light bulbs in your home with compact fluorescent light bulbs. Pollution reduction = 2300 lbs/year
4.) If possible, leave your car at home two days a week. Take public transportation to work, school, or on errands instead. Pollution reduction = 1,590 lbs/year
5.) Recycle all of your home's waste newsprint, cardboard, glass and metal.
Pollution reduction = 850 lbs/year
6.) Install a solar thermal system to help provide your hot water.
Pollution reduction = 720 lbs/year
7.) Next time you buy a washing machine, purchase a low-energy, low-water-use machine with the energy star logo. Pollution reduction = 440 lbs/year
8.) Buy food and other products with reusable or recyclable packaging.
Pollution reduction = 230 lbs/year)
9.) Next time you buy a refrigerator, purchase a high-efficiency model with the energy star logo.
Pollution reduction = 220 lbs/year
10.) Plant a couple of additional trees around your home.
Pollution reduction = 20 lbs/year
Source: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
---------- MORE TIPS ---------------
Yes, some are tips are redundant to get the point across that
people could cut 60% of their carbon emissions/60% of their energy consumption without any significant change in lifestyle.
Stop Global Warming
- a non-political effort to bring all Americans together in one place, proving there is a vast consensus that global warming is here now and it is time for our country to start addressing it
- Extremely Important - Act Now!!!
- Earth 911 - Recycling centers in the USA for aluminum, plastic, glass, paper, and hazardous waste such as motor oil. stop water pollution and conservation . cell phone and computer recycling